Localization QA Engineer (Japanese)
Founded in 2000, JetBrains is a world-leading vendor of professional software development tools. We strive to help developers enjoy their work and be more productive by providing them with smart products that take care of their routine tasks and let them focus on the creative process. To help us achieve this goal, we require talented, dedicated, and creative individuals.
We are localizing our IntelliJ-based products for the Japanese market (with English as the source language and Japanese as the target), and we are now looking for a QA engineer who is a native speaker of Japanese.
- Linguistic testing of localized software: testing localized features, screens, the user interface, and content for accuracy, ensuring that these elements are appropriate in both cultural and technical contexts.
- Detecting and reporting translation errors.
- Finding issues that impact the effectiveness or adaptation of the product to the Japanese-speaking market specifically.
- Manual testing of new or existing functionality in different environments.
- Reproducing defects reported by users.
- Regression testing of stable functionality.
- Acceptance testing of new features.
- Close collaboration with the development team.
- 3–6 years of experience with desktop application testing.
- Experience working in IDEs (IntelliJ-based products, Visual Studio).
- Strong understanding of the principles of software testing.
- Knowledge of a programming language (Java/C#/Python).
- Attention to detail, to ensure the quality of the UI localization.
- Ability to test without functional specification.
- Curiosity to reproduce critical or complicated cases.
- Desire to improve the product.
- Fluent English.
- Native Japanese proficiency.
- Experience with remote collaboration.
- Ability to take the initiative and be self-organized.
- Ability to switch between multiple tasks.
These skills would be a plus:
- Experience working with JetBrains products.
- Experience with cross-platform application testing.
- Experience working with different operating systems.