QA Engineer (TeamCity)
TeamCity is a cutting-edge CI server that is used by many teams around the globe. Daily, it runs thousands of builds at fintech companies, game development studios, medical software producers, and many others.
Our main goal has always been to make developers’ lives easier by providing a reliable and easy-to-use CI server. We have implemented a huge number of integrations with various tools and technologies to support continuous integration workflows.
We’re looking for a proactive and communicative specialist with a strong technical background who will ensure that our product is of the highest quality. A successful candidate should have an experience in testing complex and mission-critical software, a wide area of expertise in IT, and a passion for making TeamCity better.
As a QA Engineer, you will:
- Perform all kinds of manual testing (regression, integration, exploratory, etc.).
- Work in close cooperation with everyone in the team.
- Participate in each stage of the product development (from the initial design to release).
- Interact with the internal and external users of our product.
- Learn a lot about TeamCity and the wide range of technologies it supports.
- Keep up with the newest software development trends and strategies.
- At least 3 years of experience in QA of complex projects (web services, back ends, desktop applications).
- Strong knowledge of web-related technologies and HTTP.
- General knowledge of SQL and scripting.
- Ability to work without functional specifications.
- Being able to explain complicated things in simple words.
- Willingness to reproduce complex cases even if others would have given up.
- Fluent written English.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Being a team player who is also able to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Certainty that any software is written first and foremost for users.
- Expertise in CI/CD techniques.
- Knowledge of any programming language (Java, Python, C#), sufficient to write simple applications.
- Knowledge of essential security practices and risks (including OWASP Top Ten).