Rider is a new cross-platform IDE for programming in C# and other languages. We've collected all the knowledge and experience from developing IntelliJ IDEA and ReSharper and put into the Rider project.
The Rider team is currently looking for an experienced QA Engineer to assess the quality of the product and to support our customers. We are looking for a proactive, outgoing specialist with technical education and a background in software testing.
We'll be happy to have you on our team if you:
- Have at least 2 years of experience in QA and customer support for commercial software tools.
- Have experience with IDEs (Visual Studio, IDEA based products).
- Understand the testing process.
- Are familiar with C#/Java to an extent sufficient for writing simple applications.
- Have experience in testing without functional specifications.
- Can explain complex ideas in simple words.
- Are ready to reproduce complicated cases, even when others might have given up.
- Can define the essence of an issue by a screenshot.
- Believe that any software is first and foremost made for its users.
- Think software products should be high-quality and user-friendly.
We'll be super excited if you:
- Have good English writing skills.
- Have tested IDEs and/or cross-platform applications.
- Are ready to work with Linux or macOS.
- Are familiar with .NET Core, MVC, Xamarin, Unity.
- Are familiar with memory/performance profilers.
As part of our team, you will:
- Reproduce issues in both existing and new functionality in different environments.
- Reproduce issues based on user reports.
- Write new requests and support the existing ones.
- Communicate with developers to fully immerse into the architecture of the product.
- Process any user feedback on the product.