Software Developer (IntelliJ SDK Advocacy)
The IntelliJ SDK Advocacy team is responsible for creating and maintaining documentation and code samples, as well as supporting anyone targeting the IntelliJ Platform. We work closely with the JetBrains IDE and Marketplace teams and maintain a number of internal and external tools related to plugin development.
We’ll be happy to have you on our team if you:
- Enjoy solving complex and challenging problems.
- Have at least 5 years of Java and/or Kotlin development experience.
- Can design and write code that is easy to read and support.
- Have strong teamwork skills, are open to diverse opinions, and can argue your points with sound reasoning.
- Want to grow as a professional and to master and apply new approaches and technologies.
- Like to work in a distributed environment.
- Have entrepreneurial drive with an appreciation for developer needs as well as business aspects.
We’ll be especially thrilled if you:
- Have proven developer experience with the IntelliJ Platform and related tooling.
- Are familiar with JVM internals.
As a member of this team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Maintaining and developing the Plugin Verifier tooling, which is used to validate and verify binary compatibility with IDE releases.
- Maintaining the API Watcher IDE plugin, an internal JetBrains plugin used to locate and find external usages of our API.
- Developing related internal processes, backend services, and automated tasks to ensure smooth operations for all involved parties.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Actively influence, design, and create new features used by hundreds of plugin developers.
- Work closely with JetBrains Marketplace and IDE teams.
- Promote and support our plugin development-related tooling.
- Be involved in the fast-growing community of developers targeting IntelliJ-based IDEs.