Support Engineer (PyCharm)
PyCharm is an integrated development environment for coding in Python. Python is a language with the fastest-growing number of users and greatest number of implementations, from web-apps to big data distributed processing. In each area, the IDE is designed to help the programmer solve problems creatively.
We'll be happy to have you on our team if you:
- Enjoy helping users no matter what issues they experience.
- Can explain complex ideas in simple words.
- Are ready to keep the conversation going, even when others might have given up.
- Can discern the crux of a bug or issue from a screenshot.
- Believe that any software is made for its users, first and foremost.
- Can write simple applications in Python.
- Have at least 2 years of experience in QA and customer support for commercial software tools.
We’ll be especially thrilled if you:
- Are proficient in English with good writing skills.
- Have tested IDEs and/or cross-platform applications.
- Are familiar with PyCharm or IntelliJ IDEA.
- Believe that great support can save a bad release.
Your role will involve:
- Processing any user feedback on the product.
- Supporting users from all over the world paying due regard to time zones and cultural differences.
- Learning every aspect of the product.
- Reproducing issues based on user reports.
- Working in the issue tracker.
How we work:
- To communicate with our users, we mostly use Zendesk.
- We also work with YouTrack, StackOverflow, Twitter, and RSDN.