JetBrains is a world-leading vendor of professional software development tools. In the developer community, JetBrains is as famous as Adobe among designers.
We are looking for an interface designer to join the team that works on the company's flagship product, IntelliJ IDEA. It is a development environment for Java and many other programming languages used by over 5 million developers around the world and trusted by large corporations, start-ups and individual users alike.
IntelliJ IDEA is a desktop application for MacOS, Windows, and Linux.
As part of our team, you will:
- Design new interfaces and enhance the existing ones.
- Implement solutions in layouts and support your decisions with sound reasoning.
- Explain your solutions to developers and assist them during implementation.
- Respond to user feedback.
- Work in a team of designers and developers.
- Write IntelliJ IDEA interface guidelines together with the designer team.
- At least one year of experience in UI design
- Readiness to deal with a complex subject area
- Ability to prototype, verify, present, and defend your solutions
- Knowledge of prototyping tools (we use Sketch, Abstract, and git)
- Knowledge of typography, attention to detail, and diligence
- Spoken and written English sufficient for everyday communication and for writing documentation
- Proactivity and independence (you will collect all the necessary data to solve the problem and monitor its implementation), strong time management skills
- Ability to work in a team and face criticism
- Understanding of development processes and IDE principles
- Experience in design of complex functional interfaces
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems guidelines and experience in creating desktop applications.