JetBrains is a world-leading vendor of professional software development tools. In the developer community, JetBrains is as famous as Adobe among designers.
We are looking for an interface designer to join the team that works on the company's flagship product, IntelliJ IDEA. It is a development environment for Java and many other programming languages used by over 5 million developers around the world and trusted by large corporations, start-ups and individual users alike.
IntelliJ IDEA is a desktop application for MacOS, Windows, and Linux.
As part of our team, you will:
- Design new interfaces for a product with focus on UX.
- Implement solutions in layouts and support your decisions with sound reasoning.
- Explain your solutions to developers and assist them during implementation.
- Respond to user feedback.
- Work with a team of developers.
- At least one year of experience in UI design.
- Familiarity with programming and\or data science area will be a definite plus.
- Readiness to deal with a complex subject area.
- Ability to prototype, verify, present, and defend your solutions.
- Knowledge of prototyping tools (we use Sketch, Abstract, and git).
- Knowledge of typography, attention to detail, and diligence.
- Spoken and written English sufficient for everyday communication and for writing documentation.
- Ability to work in a team and face criticism.
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems guidelines and experience in creating desktop applications.
- Fascinating work in a friendly dynamic team.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working schedule.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- An office library with specialized work-related books and magazines.
- Comfortable working environment, with ergonomic workplaces, fitness and leisure zones and a company-paid car park.
- Excellent opportunity for professional and personal development, opportunity to travel to professional conferences worldwide.
- Additional benefits including lunch vouchers, free refreshments and snacks in the office, and more.