With PyCharm, Python Developers Finally Get a Powerful IDE
The highly anticipated Python/Django IDE — a new link in the chain of productivity development tools by JetBrains — hits the market
Prague, Czech Republic, October 13, 2010 — JetBrains®, the creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing development tools, continues its expansion in the IDE market and releases its next language-specific IDE — PyCharm 1.0 for Python and Django developers.
Like all other JetBrains IDEs, PyCharm features a smart code editor which understands the specifics of Python and offers remarkable productivity boosters: automatic code formatting, code completion, refactorings, auto-import, one-click code navigation, and more. Backed by advanced code analysis routines, these features make PyCharm a powerful tool in the hands of both professional Python developers and those who are just starting out with the technology.
PyCharm 1.0 also provides the following key features:
- Advanced support for Django development - including smart code completion, inspections, refactorings and specific code navigation.
- Integrated Python Debugger and graphical unit test runner.
- Support for the modern Python development toolchain, including virtualenv and buildout.
- Version Control Systems integration - unified UI for most popular VCS such as Mercurial, Git, SVN, Perforce and CVS.
- Google App Engine support - allows running and deploying your applications to the App Engine server, while ensuring that the code meets the requirements of the sandbox environment.
- REPL and Django consoles - with many advantages over the standard ones: on-the-fly syntax check with inspections; braces and quotes matching and pairs autoinsertion; and code completion.
Separate personal and commercial PyCharm licenses are available, both affordably priced. Each includes free IDE updates for 1 year after the purchase date, covering even major new releases.
To learn more about JetBrains PyCharm and download a free 30-day product trial, visit the JetBrains website at http://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm.
Note to Editors: JetBrains, IntelliJ, IntelliJ IDEA, ReSharper, dotTrace, RubyMine, and TeamCity are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains, s.r.o. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.