JetBrains Introduces Omea Pro
Personal information environment intelligently locates, processes, organizes multiple forms of digital resources, effectively taming information overload
PRAGUE, Czech Republic -- December 15, 2004 — JetBrains™, Inc., creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing tools, today announced the availability of Omea Pro™, an Integrated Information Environment that allows users to easily access, organize and quickly search multiple forms of electronic information resources.
"In today's digital environment, input flows to the desktop from so many sources it is easy to become overwhelmed," said Eugene Belyaev, president and chief technology officer at JetBrains. "There really is no stop to the flow, and that means the only solution is better management. When we saw our own people's productivity impacted, we created Omea Pro to effectively solve this problem. We know all information users will find the power of this convenient information management tool extremely useful."
Omea Pro Features
- Intelligently manages daily information flows to solve the growing problems users have encountered with organizing, searching and processing information
- Coordinates information from multiple sources, enabling users to manage information the way they want instead of how their computers choose
- Provides easy access to e-mail, RSS and ATOM feeds and newsgroup articles, instant message conversations, favorite web sites, personal contacts, web browser bookmarks, and locally stored Microsoft® Office® and other file formats
- Uses sophisticated technologies to automate everyday information-related tasks, increases productivity and saves time
Omea Pro is particularly useful for the "power user" of information but it benefits all levels of information consumers. Omea Pro is designed for professionals working in a wide range of industries: publishing, communications, software development, consulting, banking, sales, science, government and so on.
Omea Pro Benefits
- Stay always up-to-date
- Quickly find what information users have regardless of its format or what kind of software usually works with it
- Store and organize all kinds of information the way users want
- Intelligent processing and separation of urgent incoming items from those that can be dealt with later
- Easy-to-use interface
- Multiple ways to organize resources automatically, eliminating time wasted organizing the information manually
Intelligent Information Management
Omea Pro is a Windows® application based on .NET technology. It provides integration with Microsoft Outlook®, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla© Firefox, ICQ® and Miranda, and supports different file types (DOC, PDF, HTML, TXT, and so on).
What sets Omea Pro apart from similar tools are its innovative information management features, which process incoming information, organize and search through it using advanced search options.
For example, Categories organize all types of information - e-mails, instant message conversations, weblog posts - in a unified hierarchical structure. Workspaces allow the user to define a global filter to isolate displayed information to only those resources relating to a particular context. Views select a subset of resources based on a certain condition. Links help define and remember relationships between different resources.
Other great organizational extras in Omea Pro include Shortcuts, Clippings, Annotations, Flags, Rules, Notifications and more.
About the Product Family
The Omea family of products includes Omea Pro and Omea Reader (released in October 2004). Omea Reader, a lightweight tool built on Omea Pro technology, includes RSS, newsgroups and web bookmarks functionality. A complete list of Omea Pro's extensive features, as well as a comparison with Omea Reader, is available at http://www.jetbrains.com/omea.
Omea Pro is available now and can be purchased at http://www.jetbrains.com/omea/ while a fully functional, 30-day trial copy can be downloaded immediately at http://www.jetbrains.com/omea/download.html.
JetBrains, Inc. is a technology-leading software development firm specializing in the creation of intelligent, productivity-enhancing software. The company is widely known for its innovative, award-winning Java integrated development environment, IntelliJ IDEA (see details on the Web at http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/). JetBrains maintains its headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic, with its R&D labs located in St. Petersburg, Russia and Boston, Massachusetts. For more information, see http://www.jetbrains.com.
# # #
Note to Editors: JetBrains, IntelliJ, IntelliJ IDEA, Omea are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains, Inc. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Worldwide Marketing Director
+7 812 930 6703