Switch to AppCode 3.0 and into Top Gear of iOS Development
JetBrains upgrades its smart IDE for Objective-C developers, delivering a more complete development experience with an integrated UI Designer, iOS app debugging tools, new features supporting TDD, multiple carets in the editor, and more
Prague, Czech Republic, May 20, 2014 — JetBrains, creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing software development tools, today announced the general availability of AppCode 3.0, a major new release of their cutting-edge Objective-C IDE.
AppCode is designed to ease the everyday routine for Objective-C developers as they build apps for Apple devices such as Mac, iPhone and iPad. To help developers become more productive, AppCode tightly integrates with Xcode and focuses on code quality, convenient code navigation, smart code completion, on-the-fly code analysis with quick-fix suggestions, and superior code refactorings.
The latest release offers a much more complete coding and development experience, saving iOS developers from unnecessarily switching between IDEs. It also adds an integrated UI Designer and a plugin for the Reveal tool (http://revealapp.com) to provide AppCode users with advanced tools for designing and debugging iOS applications. New code generation options for all the available unit testing frameworks also enhance the coding experience and speed up the development process. With an updated look and feel, support for multiple carets and selections, built-in terminal and search workflow improvements, AppCode makes developers faster and more productive than ever.
"As developers, we like staying inside one IDE to be as focused and productive as possible, and most of our customers agree. This is why we're adding more integrations, tools and technology support to AppCode — to make it a more complete development experience for you," said Anton Makeev, AppCode Project Manager. "These include an integrated UI Designer, Reveal plugin, improved target management for adding targets and more, an extended set of code assistance features for TDD, and polished C++11 support. There's barely any need to switch away from AppCode anymore, and that spells very good things for your productivity."
AppCode 3.0 feature highlights include:
- Integrated UI Designer supporting both .xib and .storyboard formats.
- Reveal tool for debugging iOS applications, integrated via a plugin: with 2D/3D visualization to debug more efficiently, layering to cope with complex hierarchies, and on-the-fly views editing to tweak app UI as productively as possible.
- Reworked project settings UI now includes vast targets management capabilities such as adding and editing targets as well as an updated interface for managing frameworks and resources.
- A wide range of code generation options in unit tests for more productive test-driven development.
- A more native look and feel, including the option to hide scrollbars and enhanced shortcuts throughout the IDE.
- C++11 improvements to follow the language standard more faithfully.
- Multiple carets and selections.
- Built-in terminal.
- New navigation options including Search everywhere, Navigate to folder and Find in Path action through string literals or comments only.
To learn more about AppCode 3.0 and try the software free for 30 days, please visit www.jetbrains.com/objc.
For general information on pricing and licensing options, please visit www.jetbrains.com/objc/buy.
* * *
JetBrains is a technology-leading software development firm specializing in the creation
of intelligent, productivity-enhancing software.
The company is widely known for
its innovative, award-winning Java™ integrated development environment,
IntelliJ™ IDEA —
(see details on the web at www.jetbrains.com/idea);
ReSharper — a must-have productivity extension for Microsoft Visual Studio
(see details at www.jetbrains.com/resharper);
and YouTrack — an intelligent bug and issue tracker
JetBrains maintains its headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic, with its R&D labs located in Russia, Germany, and the US. For more information, see www.jetbrains.com.
Note to Editors: JetBrains, IntelliJ, IntelliJ IDEA, ReSharper, and YouTrack are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains, s.r.o. Mac, Mac OS, Objective-C and Xcode are trademarks of Apple Inc. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.