JetBrains Releases ReSharper 3.0
Popular Visual Studio add-in
noticeably extends C# functionality, plus covers several new languages
Prague, Czech Republic, June 21, 2007 - JetBrains, the creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing applications, today announced the release of ReSharper version 3.0, the company's award-winning intelligent productivity add-in for Microsoft Visual Studio. This release is spearheaded by a major expansion into new languages, with full-featured support for Visual Basic .NET, XML and XAML, backed by comprehensive cross-language functionality. �It also brings a host of new productivity-enhancing features such as an in-depth code analysis for C#, a superior unit testing solution, efficient handling of To-do lists, plus a number of new time-saving navigation and search commands.
"With this release we are embracing a greater part of the Visual Studio world by supporting developers who work in more than C#," said Valentin Kipiatkov, JetBrains' Chief Technology Officer. ��"In addition, we have found yet more ways to improve the Visual Studio experience for our users, from intelligent and insightful code analysis, to our �Go to Symbol' navigation, to enhanced unit testing, to support of XML and XAML. At the end of the day, improving a developer's coding experience is what our business is all about."
Significant improvements and new features in ReSharper 3.0 include:
- Unrivalled C# code analysis.� In addition to detecting new warnings and errors on-the-fly, ReSharper offers code suggestions. �This feature gives insight into your code by offering an intelligent analysis of actual and potential errors.� The code suggestion feature even notices questionable code design - all while you type.
- Multiple productivity enhancers across all languages. �The most far-reaching navigation/search feature of all, �Go to Symbol', will help developers to find any file member in their solution in seconds. Other additions include a revamped Unit Test Explorer, a To-do Explorer - a feature that keeps track of to-do notes solution-wide, even in closed files, and more.
- Full-featured Visual Basic .NET support. �The majority of ReSharper's features are now available for VB.NET code, including smart navigation and search, code refactorings, smart code completion options, code assistance, code generation and more - all resulting in a truly enhanced Visual Basic .NET experience in Visual Studio.
- Cross-language functionality. �ReSharper ensures interoperability in working with mixed C# and Visual Basic projects: usage search, refactorings, quick-fixes and context actions take into account all code written in either language, whenever possible.
- XML and XAML support. �Extensive support for XML and XAML is now available, answering the needs of many of our existing and potential users.
Considering ReSharper's increased value to different user groups, in addition to regular full-featured ReSharper 3.0 we are offering two pared-down editions: C# and VB.NET. These language-focused editions exclude a part of the functionality and cost a fraction of the full price.
Complete product information about JetBrains ReSharper is available at http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper?rs30pr.
ReSharper 3.0 is available for a 30-day free trial download at http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/download/?rs30pr. No evaluation licenses are required.
New customers can purchase ReSharper 3.0 online at http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/buy/?rs30pr.
JetBrains is a technology-leading software development firm specializing in the creation of intelligent, productivity-enhancing software. The company is widely known for its innovative, award-winning Java integrated development environment, IntelliJ IDEA (see details on the Web at http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/), ReSharper for C# developers (see http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/), dotTrace profiler for .NET applications (see http://www.jetbrains.com/profiler/), and TeamCity, a cross-platform team productivity environment (see http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity/). �
JetBrains maintains its headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic, with its R&D labs located in St. Petersburg, Russia and Boston, Massachusetts. For more information, see http://www.jetbrains.com.
* * *
Note to Editors: JetBrains, IntelliJ, IntelliJ IDEA, ReSharper, dotTrace, and TeamCity are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains s.r.o. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Worldwide Marketing Director
+7 812 930 6703