ReSharper 7 Strikes First, Supports Visual Studio 2012 and Metro Style Application Development
ReSharper 7 supports the newest Visual Studio, eases transition to Metro style applications, and adds substantial improvements for all .NET developers.
Prague, Czech Republic, July 26, 2012 — JetBrains®, creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing software development tools, today announced the general availability of ReSharper 7, a major new release of their all-time classic productivity extension for Microsoft Visual Studio.
With Visual Studio 2012 and Windows 8 RTM just around the corner, ReSharper 7 adds full-blown support for Visual Studio 2012 while preserving compatibility with Visual Studio 2005, 2008, and 2010. ReSharper 7 also provides extensive tooling for developers targeting Windows 8 and WinRT, the brand-new Microsoft operating system and runtime.
Customers who aren't yet migrating to the new Visual Studio will still find a lot to cheer about in ReSharper 7. New ReSharper functionality available in all supported versions of Visual Studio includes a fresh set of real-time code inspections and automated quick-fixes; new refactorings, including the long-awaited Extract Class; more ways to visualize and explore the code base; and contract annotations to fine-tune ReSharper's code quality analysis to application-specific conventions.
ReSharper 7 highlights include:
- Full integration with Visual Studio 2012, in addition to Visual Studio 2005, 2008, and 2010.
- Extensive pack of functionality for developers looking to create WinRT-based Metro style applications.
- New code inspections and contract annotations for more robust .NET code quality analysis.
- New automated code refactorings, including the top requested Extract Class for decreasing code complexity.
- Additional code exploration features for helping visualize hierarchies of polymorphic members and CSS styles.
- Extended set of code generation actions.
- INotifyPropertyChanged interface support to improve the productivity of developers working with Windows Forms, WPF, and Silverlight.
- Removing unused assembly references across the entire solution.
To learn more about ReSharper 7 and try the software free for 30 days, please visit http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/whatsnew.
For general information on pricing and licensing options, please visit http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/buy. For any sales inquiries and volume pricing options, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (North America) or email@example.com (outside of North America).
JetBrains is a technology-leading software development firm specializing in the creation of intelligent, productivity-enhancing software. The company is widely known for its innovative, award-winning Java™ integrated development environment, IntelliJ® IDEA (see details on the Web at http://www.jetbrains.com/idea); TeamCity — a continuous integration and build management environment (http://www.jetbrains.com/teamcity); dotTrace — a family of performance and memory profilers for .NET applications (http://www.jetbrains.com/profiler), dotCover — a .NET code coverage tool (http://www.jetbrains.com/dotcover), and YouTrack — an intelligent issue and bug tracker (http://www.jetbrains.com/youtrack), among others. JetBrains maintains its headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic, with its R&D labs located in St. Petersburg, Russia; Munich, Germany; and Boston, Massachusetts. For more information see http://www.jetbrains.com.
* * *
Note to Editors: JetBrains, IntelliJ, IntelliJ IDEA, ReSharper, dotTrace, dotCover, TeamCity, and YouTrack are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains, s.r.o. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.