JetBrains Announces General Release of Flagship IntelliJ IDEA 4.5 Java IDE
Expanded Productivity Features Optimize Code, Prevent Errors at All Stages of Development
Prague, Czech Republic, July 27, 2004 - JetBrains™, Inc., creators of intelligent application development tools, today announced the general availability of IntelliJ™ IDEA 4.5, the newest version of its award-winning Java™ IDE (Integrated Development Environment). The new release features enhanced code inspection and powerful, on-the-fly code analysis, full Java SDK 1.5 support, plus a host of new and extended features to increase the productivity of developers at all skill levels.
IntelliJ IDEA 4.5 features include expanded ability to find and correct errors before they leave the screen and enter an applications development cycle. Preempting errors allows Java developers to write better code faster and makes their applications more stable and polished right from the earliest stages.
"Our enthusiastic users include world-class developers who increasingly proselytize for IntelliJ IDEA inside their organizations," said Eugene Belyaev, president and chief technology officer. "As a group, they set very high standards and have consistently helped us meet their expectations by contributing to IntelliJ IDEAs continuing evolution. We keep pace with their needs only through extensive give-and-take that keeps us flexible and often presents wonderful challenges."
Widely recognized as the industry leader in automated code optimization, IntelliJ IDEA 4.5 introduces such innovative coding functionality as Locate Duplicates and Analyze Dependencies. A code Productivity Guide helps developers expand their own capabilities so they become more productive on a wider range of projects, increasing their professional value to their organization.
Powerful new features and benefits - A complete list of new features can be seen at www.jetbrains.com/idea/features while a broader overview is available at www.jetbrains.com/idea. Important new features include:
- Compelling code analysis enhancements: Analyze a complete class or project for duplicate code fragments, analyze any package or class in a project to find dependencies on other packages or classes, and then view a selected item's dependencies
- User Productivity Guide: Analyzes a users actions, records keystrokes and use of features, keeps statistics on individual usages and user's personal development style, and serves as a highly individualized personal assistant
- Java code-aware structured search and replace: Search and replace using code patterns and IntelliJ IDEAs sophisticated Java-aware engine
- New refactorings: Including inline constant, extract subclass, replace method code duplicates, and convert to instance method further
- "Full Java SDK 1.5 Support:" Including new refactorings such as Generify for quick switches to generic collections, plus Generics-aware code completion, refactoring and live templates
- Enhanced Open API: Run and compile J2EE applications
- Additional Features: More than 50 new and additional features including usability and productivity features and significant enhancements to existing functionalities in earlier versions of IntelliJ IDEA.
Complete pricing for JetBrains IntelliJ IDEA 4.5 user licenses and a free 30-day, fully functional evaluation copy are available at www.jetbrains.com. Upgrades from older versions of IntelliJ IDEA are $299 and there is no charge to upgrade from version 4.x. For International Sales: JetBrains s.r.o., Klanova 9/506, 14000 Prague, Czech Republic (Phone: +420 2 4172 2501; Fax: +420 2 6171 1724). North American sales representatives are available in the Medford, New Jersey office at (609) 714-7883 and in San Mateo, California at (650) 378-8571.
About JetBrains, Inc.
JetBrains, Inc. is a technology-leading software development firm specializing in the creation of intelligent development tools. The company is widely known for its innovative, multiple award-winning Java integrated development environment, IntelliJ IDEA (see details on the Web at http://www.jetbrains.com/idea/. JetBrains, Inc. maintains its headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic, with R&D labs located in St. Petersburg, Russia and Boston, Massachusetts and sales offices in San Mateo, California and Medford, New Jersey. For more information, see http://www.jetbrains.com.
JetBrains, IntelliJ IDEA and ReSharper are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains, Inc. Java, J2EE are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sun Microsystems. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Worldwide Marketing Director
+7 812 930 6703