PhpStorm 3.0: Keep Your Code in Its Best Shape!
UML to rule the structure of your code, Smart Duplicated Code Detector to keep code DRY, and a Profiler to get it running faster than ever — everything you need to create elegant and powerful PHP applications.
Prague, Czech Republic, November 29, 2011 — JetBrains, the creators of intelligent, productivity-enhancing tools for software developers, have announced the general availability of PhpStorm 3.0, an intelligent code-centric PHP IDE.
Already known for its uniquely intelligent code editor, PhpStorm takes a big step forward in helping keep your code clean, well-structured and efficient.
- This major release introduces the Smart Duplicated Code Detector to help you quickly find similar blocks through your entire code base and securely get rid of them without losing the intended functionality.
- A new integrated UML tool allows you to quickly get a bird's-eye view of your project structure, or even a semantic view of the changes in the recent VCS commits made by your colleagues.
- To ensure that your code works fast and doesn't cause any performance bottlenecks, the IDE now integrates with profilers (xDebug/Zend), and includes a new PHPUnit test runner and JSTestDriver.
"Here at JetBrains we really care about productivity, and the cornerstone of productivity is the quality of your code," says Alexey Gopachenko, PhpStorm project lead. "Every developer constantly faces the challenge of keeping their code clear, fast and error-free. PhpStorm 3.0 takes over this challenge to help you concentrate on your big ideas, instead of getting bogged down in the routine details."
The release also includes support for popular and dynamically evolving technologies such as CoffeeScript and XSLT 2.0, along with an integrated XSLT debugger.
New dotCover features include:
- The key new functionality in PhpStorm 3.0 includes:
- Smart Duplicated Code Detector
- PHP UML roundtrip diagrams
- Profiling results browser for Xdebug and Zend Debugger engines
- PhpUnit 3.6 integration
- CoffeeScript support
- Significant improvements to FTP/SFTP Sync
- TFS support and revision graph for Git
- Streamlined UI across all operating systems
To try JetBrains PhpStorm 3.0 today, download its free 30-day evaluation that works out of the box at http://www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/.
Personal and commercial licenses are available, both affordably priced. Each license includes free PhpStorm updates for 1 year after the purchase date, covering major new releases. See http://www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/buy.
* * *
Note to Editors: JetBrains, IntelliJ, IntelliJ IDEA, PhpStorm, WebStorm, RubyMine and PyCharm are trademarks or registered trademarks of JetBrains, s.r.o. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.