Unity support in Rider ships with several inspections designed to help you find issues with your code before you run it.
A couple of examples:
- Colors defined via
Color.HSVToRGBare highlighted in the editor. You can also press Alt+Enter on a color usage and choose Pick color from palette to open the color editor and modify the color visually.
- Rider shows warnings for unknown scenes, tags, and layers.
- Empty event functions are shown as dead code, with a quick-fix to remove them.
- A quick-fix is suggested to create a serialized field from a usage of an unresolved symbol.
- Rider ensures that all of your event functions have correct signatures: it highlights incorrect signatures and offers a quick-fix to correct them.
- There are warnings when using an inefficient string literal comparison with the tag property, and a quick-fix to rewrite this as a call to
- Rider warns you if you try to use the
newkeyword to create a new instance of a class deriving from
ScriptableObject. A quick-fix is suggested to use
A full list f inspections and corresponding quick-fixes is available on our GitHub page.