Attaching to Local Process
Attach to local process feature allows you to debug a project which you are developing in CLion, but (for some reasons) are not able to launch directly from your IDE. Currently in CLion you can attach to local process with GDB on Windows and Linux or LLDB on OS X for the C/C++ applications and Python debugger for the Python scripts and use all the debugging instruments available in CLion.
Attaching to local process
- Launch the process intended for debugging. You can do it from operating system or using the CLion terminal. Note, that your project shall exist in CLion (as created or imported).
To find the process to attach to, do one of the following:
- On the main menu, select the option. .
- On the main menu, select the option (or press Ctrl+Shift+A). In the list of actions that appears, find the desired action by typing the first letters and select it.
- From the list of available processes that appears, select the desired process. Simplify your search by typing the first letters of its name or PID or for the Python script:
- Proceed with debugging in the same way as you usually do it in CLion.
- When finished, detach the process: select the Stop the process button of the Debug Tool Window menu option or click the