Generating a Project from a Framework Template
During project creation, CLion can generate a project stub for developing Web applications. The project structure is set up and some sources are generated based on external templates and frameworks downloaded upon your request.
CLion generates project stubs based on the following templates:
On this page:
Generating a Node.js Express Application Stub
Generating such application stubs requires that Node.js is supported in CLion:
- The Node.js runtime environment is downloaded and installed on your computer.
The Node.js repository plugin is installed and enabled.
The plugin is not bundled with CLion, but it can be installed from the JetBrains plugin repository as described in Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins and Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
To generate a Node.js application stub:
- Choose on the main menu or click the New Project button on the Welcome screen. The Create New Project: Select Project Type dialog box opens.
- In the left-hand pane, choose Node.js Express App.
In the right-hand pane, specify the following:
- In the Location text box, specify the path to the project folder where the project-related files will be stored.
The path to the Node.js executable file
node.exeand to the Node.js package manager file
- The Express template engine to use. From the Template engine drop-down list, choose one of the following:
- The CSS engine to use. From the CSS engine drop-down list, choose one of the following:
- Click Create, when ready. CLion launches the Express Project Generator tool that downloads all the required data, sets up the project structure, and opens the project either in the current window or in a new one, depending on your choice.