Stepping Through the Program
When a breakpoint is reached the Debug tool window becomes active and enables you to get control over the program's execution. For this purpose, you can use the menu commands, or the icons on the stepping toolbar of in the Debug tool window.
Each stepping action executes one or more program steps.
To step through the program
Do one of the following:
- On the main menu, choose Run | <stepping command>
- Use the keyboard shortcuts.
- Use the buttons in the stepping toolbar of the Debug tool window.
- The Force Step Into command enables you to step into a function of a class not to be stepped into, for example the standard templates library.
- The Force Step Over command enables you to jump over the function call ignoring the breakpoints on the way.
- The Force Run to Cursor enables you to jump to the cursor position ignoring existing breakpoints on the way.