Pushing Changes to the Upstream (Push)
Before uploading (Pushing) changes from your local Mercurial repository to a remote repository make sure that:
- You have a Mercurial hosting account.
- The target remote Mercurial repository is accessible for your account.
- You have a pair of
ssh keysto access the remote repository.
To push changes from a local Mercurial repository
- On the main menu, choose . The Push dialog box opens.
- In the Destination Repository URL text box, specify the location of the remote repository to push.
Specify the changes to upload:
- To have a branch uploaded entirely, select the Branch check box and choose the relevant branch from the drop-down list.
- To have a specific changeset uploaded, select the Revision check box and specify the desired revision number in the text box. By default, the latest revision (tip) is uploaded. Learn more about changesets and tips at http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/UnderstandingMercurial.
- To push a locally created branch or to avoid updating before upload, select the Force Push check box.
Last modified: 20 July 2016