Opening and Creating Tasks
On this page:
Opening tracker tasks and creating local tasks
To open tracker tasks and create local tasks, follow these steps
- Do one of the following:
- To have the possibility to open already closed tasks, select the Include closed tasks
check box. A closed task is one of the following:
- A tracker task with the status closed in the issue tracker.
- A local task that is not associated with a changelist provided that the entire project or the affected directory is under version control (see Associating a Project Root with a Version Control System and Associating a Directory with a Specific Version Control System).
- In the Enter task name pop-up window, choose Create New Task, or
just type the task name.
- If you choose Create new task <description>, a new local task with the specified description will be created. In this case, the IDE will switch to this new task.
- If you select a task from an issue tracker, then the Open Task dialog box opens.
In this dialog, you can specify whether you want CLion to clear the current context, create a changelist for the new task, change the issue status in the tracking system, create a new VCS branch or use the existing one. Refer to the dialog description for details.
Tips and Tricks
- To show task description right in the suggestion list, press Ctrl+Q.
- To configure access to your issue tracking system, click , and specify your account settings in the Servers dialog box that opens.
- To include closed tasks in the suggestion list, press Shift+Alt+N once more, or select the corresponding check box.