In this section:
CLion lets you develop, debug and test RESTful Web Services. The REpresentational State Transfer (REST) specification JSR-339 specification version 2.0 and Jersey reference implementation are supported.
Because RESTful Web services can be of various types, there is no definite workflow to develop them. In this section we will outline some specific tasks that can be performed when developing a REST application in CLion.
Developing RESTful Web services
To develop a RESTful Web service, follow these general steps
- Make sure that the RESTful Web Services plugin is enabled. Create a new project or module for the service development, or enable the RESTful Web Services development support for an existing module. For more information, see Preparing for REST Development.
- Populate the RESTful Web service module with the necessary classes and methods.
- Configure the artifacts to deploy.
- Create a run configuration. On the Deployment tab, specify the artifacts to deploy.
- Deploy the Web service on an HTTP server and start the server.
- Run the application locally or on a remote host.
- Test the RESTful Web service.