The Extract Subclass refactoring enables extracting certain members of a class into a subclass.
To extract a Subclass
- Select the desired class in one of the views, or just open it in the editor.
- On the main menu or on the context menu, choose .
- In the dialog box that appears, specify the following information:
- Name of the new subclass.
- Members to be included in the subclass.
- Proceed with the refactoring.
Extracting the class dependent membersLet's consider the following sample of code: As you can see, variable
fvhere depends on static constant
d2. If you apply Extract Subclass refactoring to the above class and try to select
d2to be moved, and leave
fvin the initial class, CLion highlights the problem member in Extract Subclass dialog, as following:
Trying to proceed with extract, you will get the following warning message:
Choose Continue to ignore the problem and proceed with refactoring, or Cancel to return back and resolve it. Also you can observe the conflict in Find Tool Window.