Using Mercurial Integration
With the Mercurial integration enabled, you can perform basic Mercurial operations from inside CLion.
In this section:
- Mercurial is installed on your computer.
- The location of the Mercurial executable file
hg.exeis correctly specified on the Mercurial page of the Settings/Preferences dialog box.
If you followed the standard installation procedure, the default location is
/usr/local/binfor Linux and macOS and
/Program Files/TortoiseHGfor Windows.
It is recommended that you add the path to the Mercurial executable file to the
PATHvariable. In this case, you can specify only the executable name, the full path to the executable location is not required.
- Mercurial integration is enabled for the current project root or directory.
If you want to use a remote repository, create a Mercurial hosting account first. You can access the remote repository through a pair of
ssh keys or apply the username/password and keyboard interactive authentication methods supported by the Mercurial integration.
- When Mercurial integration with CLion is enabled, the Editor and the Project Tool Window. item appears on the menu, and on the context menus of the
- The files in the folders under the Mercurial control are highlighted according to their status. See File Status Highlights for file status highlighting conventions.
- Modifications results are shown in the Version Control tool window.
- When using Mercurial integration, it is helpful to open the Version Control tool window. The Console tab displays the following data:
- All commands generated based on the settings you specify through the CLion user interface.
- Information messages concerning the results of executing generated Mercurial commands.
- Error messages.