Configuring Colors and Fonts
On this page:
With CLion, you can maintain your preferable colors and fonts layout for syntax and error highlighting in the editor, search results, Debugger and consoles via font and color schemes.
CLion comes with a number of pre-defined color schemes. You can select one of them, or create your own one, and configure its settings to your taste.
It's important to mention the node Language Defaults - it contains the settings that are common for all the supported languages. It's enough to change one of the settings there, and then inherit this setting from the defaults.
Configuring colors and fonts
- In the Settings/Preferences dialog (Ctrl+Alt+S), click Fonts under the Editor node.
- Select the desired scheme from the Scheme name drop-down list.
- Under the Color Scheme node, define the font families used in the editor and in the console. When you open the Font page, or Console Fonts under the Color Scheme node, CLion displays the Editor Font area where you can configure the primary and secondary fonts, their size and line spacing.
- Under the Color Scheme node, open the corresponding pages to configure specific color preferences for the supported languages and CLion components.
Changing the language defaults
To do that, select the checkbox to the left of the field name Background, and then click the white swatch. Color Picker opens; all you need to do is to select the desired color and click OK:
So far, the changes to the language defaults are made; now let's look how they can be inherited.
Changing font for C++
Next, clear the checkbox Inherite values from, and define the desired font type using the Bold and Italic checkboxes. In this case, these textual components will change for the selected language only!
Observe results in the preview pane.
- In the Settings/Preferences dialog (Ctrl+Alt+S), click Color Scheme, and then click the Language Defaults page.
- In the list of the supported C/C++ components, choose Semantic highlighting.
- In the right-hand pane, select the Semantic highlighting checkbox:
After that, all the parameters in a lengthy list will get the colors from the suggested swatches. If one is not happy with the suggested colors, click on a swatch to choose the suitable color.