In this section:
Before you start
- Download and install the Node.js runtime environment.
- Install and enable the NodeJS plugin. The NodeJS plugin is not bundled with CLion, but it can be installed from the JetBrains plugin repository as described in Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins and Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
Quick start with a Node.js application
CLion makes it easier to create, run, debug, and test Node.js applications. Here we will use a simple Express application as an example.
- Choose on the main menu or click Create New Project on the Welcome screen. The New Project Dialog opens.
- In the left-hand pane, choose Node.js Express App.
- In the right-hand pane, specify the project folder, the Node.js interpreter, and the version of express=generator to use. In the Options area, choose the template and the CSS to use.
- When you click Create, CLion generates a Node.js Express-specific project with all the required configuration files.