The following is only valid when Node.js Plugin is installed and enabled!
Before you start
- Download and install the Node.js runtime environment.
- Install and enable the NodeJS plugin. The NodeJS plugin is not bundled with CLion, but it can be installed from the JetBrains plugin repository as described in Installing, Updating and Uninstalling Repository Plugins and Enabling and Disabling Plugins.
Quick start with a Node.js application
Here we will use a simple Express application as an example.
To create an application
- Choose File | New Project on the main menu or click Create New Project on the Welcome screen. The New Project dialog box opens.
- In the left-hand pane, choose Node.js Express App.
- In the right-hand pane, specify the project folder, the Node.js interpreter, and the version of express-generator to use. In the Options area, choose the template language and the Style Sheet language to use.
- When you click Create, CLion generates a Node.js Express-specific project with all the required configuration files.
Configuring Node.js in a project
- In the Settings/Preferences dialog (Ctrl+Alt+S), choose Node.js and NPM under Languages and Frameworks. The Node.js and NPM page opens.
- In the Node Interpreter field, choose the interpreter from the drop-down list or from the dialog that opens when you click .