In this section:
Development of a modern application involves using multiple languages, that is why CLion is an IDE for polyglot programming. With the deep understanding of all the subtleties of the source code structure and syntax, CLion extends its support to:
Coding assistance in CLion includes:
- Syntax and error highlighting. The color attributes are configurable in the Colors and Fonts | <language> pages of the Settings/Preferences dialog.
- File templates for the supported languages that enable creating stub classes, scripts etc.
- Live templates for creating complicated code constructs.
- Code completion.
- Code generation.
- Code folding, formatting, and highlighting.
- Intention actions and quick fixes.
- Ability to view code hierarchy.
- Quick access to the API documentation .
- Using macros in the editor.
- Advanced search and replace facilities.
- Advanced means of navigation.
- The embedded local terminal where you can execute commands without leaving CLion.