Viewing Usages of a Symbol
Using the Show Usages function, you can bring up a list of the usages of a symbol across the whole project. So doing, the pop-up window with the list of usages of a symbol features a toolbar with the following buttons:
|Merge usages from the same line||Merge usages of the symbol from the same line.|
|Show read access||Show read access to the symbol.|
|Show write access||Show write access to the symbol.|
|Show import statements||Show usages in the import statements.|
|Group by file structure||If this button is pressed, the found usages show under the corresponding method nodes.|
|Settings.../Ctrl+Alt+S||Open the Find Usages dialog box for the selected symbol where you can change the search options.|
|Open Find Usages tool window/Alt+F7||Click this button to pin the Show Usages pop-up window and show usages in the Find Usages tool window.|
To view the usages of a symbol across the project
- Place the caret at the desired symbol in the editor.
- On the main menu, choose , or press Ctrl+Alt+F7.
- Examine and analyze the detected occurrences of a symbol:
- Use the toolbar buttons to present search results in the desired way.
- To jump from search results to a line of source code, click the desired entry.
- To close the list, press Escape.
- If necessary, customize the search options in the search options dialog box. To invoke the dialog box, do one of the following:
- In the Show Usages pop-up window, click .
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+F7.
Last modified: 27 March 2018