CLion enables running entire applications as well as unit tests.
CLion makes use of the settings defined in a Run/Debug Configuration. All the run configurations that exist in a project, are available in the Select Run/Debug Configuration drop-down list.
If you want to see the list of all currently running applications, selectfrom the main menu.
Note that after you've started a run session, the icon that marks the Run tool window and in the Run/Debug Configuration Selector toggles to to indicate that the run process is active.
Running an application
Note: Choose the desired Cmake profile before running your application.
- Do one of the following:
- In the left gutter, click the icon , and choose the desired command.
- On the main toolbar, select the desired run configuration, and:
- Choose Run | Run from the main menu.
- Click .
- Press Shift+F10.
- Press Shift+Alt+F10, select the desired run configuration from the pop-up menu, and press Enter.
From this pop-up menu you can:
- Invoke the Edit Configuration dialog.
- Edit the selected configuration before launch (F4).
- Instantly delete a configuration (Delete).
- Switch from run to debug and vice versa (hold Shift).
- Access a previously selected configuration (1).
- Access context-dependent configuration (2 or 3).
This pop-up menu can also be quickly accessed by pressing F9, when you're not running any debug session.