Navigating Through the Hierarchy of Functions
CLion provides an easy way to navigate up and down through the hierarchy of functions. If a function is overridden / implemented by a certain function, or overrides / implements some function itself, it is marked with an icon in the gutter area of the editor. When the mouse cursor hovers over such icon, the function information is displayed as the tooltip:
- : This function implements a pure virtual function.
- : This function is implemented in one or more descendants.
- : This function overrides a function defined in a superclass, or the type has supertypes.
- : This function is overridden in one or more subclasses, or the type has subtypes.
Use these icons, shortcuts, or menu commands to navigate to the corresponding points of origin.
Navigating through the hierarchy of functions
To navigate up and down through the function hierarchy, do one of the following:
- Click the gutter icon and select the desired ascendant or descendant class from the list.
- On the main menu, choose , or respectively.
- Press Ctrl+U or Ctrl+Alt+B for the super function or implementation respectively.