This section contains description of the Python specific features and procedures that can be used in your projects.
In this section:
At least one Python interpreter is properly installed on your machine. If you are a Windows user, we strictly recommend you to install Python from here. This will prevent you of possible problems with debugger on Windows.
In case of working with Python in CLion, currently we do recommend to set
run.processes.with.pty to false in CLion?s registry:
- Find Action dialog (Ctrl+Shift+A) type Registry.
- In the registry type run.processes.with.pty to find the parameter.
- Uncheck the parameter there.
The Python plugin bundled in CLion, supports Python from versions 2.4 up to the version 3.5
Python support in CLion includes:
- Ability to configure local interpreters and virtual environments.
- Python console.
- Run/debug configurations for Python.
- Code inspections .
- Intention actions .
- Code completion and resolve.
- Built-in code formatter and separate set of Python code style settings.
- Find usages in Python code.
- Quick documentation.
- Configuring Python debugger.