To develop Python scripts in JetBrains DataSpell:
If you are a Windows user, we recommend that you install Python for Windows.
Python 2: version 2.7
Python 3: from the version 3.6 up to the version 3.10
- PEP 604 – Allow writing union types as X | Y
- PEP 613 – Explicit Type Aliases
- PEP 634 – Structural Pattern Matching: Specification
- PEP 635 – Structural Pattern Matching: Motivation and Rationale
- PEP 636 – Structural Pattern Matching: Tutorial
- PEP 585 – Type Hinting Generics In Standard Collections
- PEP 593 – Flexible function and variable annotations
- PEP 614 – Relaxing Grammar Restrictions On Decorators
- PEP-570 – Python Positional-Only Parameters
- PEP-572 – Assignment Expressions
- PEP-586 – Literal Types
- PEP-589 – TypedDict: Type Hints for Dictionaries with a Fixed Set of Keys
- PEP-591 – Adding a final qualifier to typing
- Python bug tracker task #36817 – Support = expressions in f-strings
JetBrains DataSpell integrates the following features of Python 3.7:
Python support in JetBrains DataSpell
JetBrains DataSpell provides the following features to help working with Python:
Dedicated project types.
Ability to configure local and remote interpreters and virtual environments..
Code completion and resolve.
Built-in code formatter and separate set of Python code style settings.
Find usages in Python code.
Recognizing Python documentation comments.
Configuring Python debugger.