Navigate | Go to Declaration
This command allows you to navigate to the declaration of a symbol from any symbol usage in the Code Viewer or from the File Structure, and other dotPeek tool windows. The opposite navigation is available with the Go to Usages of Symbol command.
You can also navigate to the declaration of a type that a variable, field, parameter, or method belongs to. For more information, see Go to Type of Symbol.
- Place the caret on a symbol usage in the Code Viewer or select the symbol in another window.
- Choose Navigate | Go to Declaration on the main menu, press Ctrl+BCtrl+B, or click the symbol holding the Ctrl key.
- If the symbol has only one declaration, dotPeek will navigate to it directly.
If the symbol several declarations, they will be listed in the drop-down list.
Do one of the following:
- To view the list of found items in the Find Results window, click Show in Find Results or press + on the numeric keypad.
- To navigate directly to a specific item, click on it in the lookup list or select it and press Enter.
This feature is inspired by and borrowed from JetBrains ReSharper, a developer productivity tool for Microsoft Visual Studio.