In this subsection, you will learn how to:
- Find usages of a symbol
- Find usages of related entities
- Highlight usages in a file and step though the occurrences
- Work with Find Usages results
The Find Results tool window and related dotPeek features help you locate usages of namespaces, types, methods, fields, or local variables in your code. Specifically, you can find positions in your source code where certain usages are read-only, write-only, or allow search for both read and write usages. For example, you can find getters and setters for a property, or read/write usages of a field. Depending on search settings and the number of found usages, results display in one of the following ways:
- If only one usage is found, it is marked with a tooltip "This is the only usage" right where you've invoked search (for example, in the Code Viewer).
- Multiple usages display in a new tab of the Find Results window that enables convenient navigation, filtering and grouping.
This feature is inspired by and borrowed from JetBrains ReSharper, a developer productivity tool for Microsoft Visual Studio.