Finding Usages of Related Entities
Navigate | Find Usages Advanced
The Find Usages Advanced feature enables you to find usages of entities that are somehow related to the selected symbol (for example, derived types, overriding methods etc.) within a specified scope.
To perform advanced search for usages
- Position the caret at a symbol in the Code Viewer. Alternatively, select the symbol in the Assembly Explorer or elsewhere.
- On the main menu, choose Navigate | Find Usages Advanced . Alternatively, press Shift+Alt+F7, or choose Find Usages Advanced in the context menu. The Search Properties dialog box appears.
- When you search for usages of an overriding member in a derived class or an implemented interface member, the Search Properties dialog box lets you choose whether to look for usages of the base member or those of the overriding member.
- In the Find section of the Search Properties dialog box, select check boxes to refine your search criteria. Depending on the type of the selected symbol, different check boxes may be available.
- Click Find. Search results will be displayed in the Find Results window.
This feature is inspired by and borrowed from JetBrains ReSharper, a developer productivity tool for Microsoft Visual Studio.