Go to Implementation
This command lets you jump from a base type or member to any of its end implementations, bypassing intermediate steps in the inheritance chain. In other words, it works similar to Go to Derived Symbols but it doesn't show abstract classes and interfaces .
To navigate to implementation of a type or type member
- Place the caret on a symbol in the code viewer or select the symbol in a tool window.
- Choose in the main menu, press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+B, or click the symbol holding Ctrl+Alt keys.
- If the symbol has only one implementation, dotPeek will navigate to it directly. If necessary, you can change the default behavior so that even the single symbol is displayed in the drop-down list. To do so, clear the check box in the options page.
If the symbol several implementations, they will be listed in a drop-down list.
The drop-down list may contain items in both
The drop-down list may contain items in both bold and regular font. Bold indicates that an item has
direct inheritance, while the regular font is used for indirect inheritance.
You can do one of the following:
- Click on the desired item to open it in the editor.
- Select the desired item by pressing UpArrow and DownArrow and the press Enter to open it in the editor.
- Start typing to filter results. Note that you can use CamelHumps here. If necessary, press Esc once to clear the filtering.
- To view and analyze the list of matched items in the Find Results window, click Show in Find Results or press + on the numeric keypad.
If there are several implementations in an inheritance chain,
Go to Implementation
bypasses intermediate steps. Suppose that interface
has the following inheritors:
However, when you invoke Go to Implementation upon the declaration or a usage of the
interface, dotPeek shows only four inheritors:
DocumentBase, being an abstract class, doesn't contain implementation of the
interface, as well as
This feature is inspired by and borrowed from JetBrains ReSharper, a developer productivity tool for Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Go to Everything/Type
- Go to Assembly
- Go to File Member
- Go to Symbol
- Go to Base Symbols
- Go to Derived Symbols
- Go to Declaration
- Go to Type of Symbol
- Go to Usages of Symbol
- Navigate to
- Go to Containing Declaration
- Navigation by Name
- Navigation from Symbols
- Navigate To
- Context-Dependent Navigation
- Navigating to Recent Locations
- Structural Search and Replace