Finding Usages of Related Entities
This command enables you to find usages of entities that are somehow related to the selected symbol (for example, derived types, overriding methods etc.) in the specific scope. You can invoke this command from the code viewer, from the File Structure Window and other tool windows.
To perform advanced search for usages
- Place the caret on a symbol in the code viewer or select the symbol in a tool window.
- In the main menu, choose or press Shift+Alt+F7.
- In the Search Properties Dialog that opens, you can customize your search.
- Use check boxes in the Find column to specify what kind of relates symbols should be included in the results. Depending on the original symbol, the set of options varies. E.g., if it is a type, you can look for usages of members; if it is a delegate, you can look for delegate target, etc. For more information, see Search Properties Dialog.
- In the Scope column, choose the scope of the search.
- If the original symbol is an overriding member in a derived class or an implemented interface member, dotPeek displays the original member and all its base members in the Search field. You choose whether to look for usages of the base member or those of the overriding member.
- Click Find.
- If a single usage is found, dotPeek will navigate you to the usage directly in the code viewer. Two or more search results will be shown in the Find Results Window.
This feature is inspired by and borrowed from JetBrains ReSharper, a developer productivity tool for Microsoft Visual Studio.