Exploring Assembly and Portable PDB Metadata
dotPeek helps you explore assembly metadata and dig through all items (tables, blobs, strings, etc.) inside it.
All metadata items are displayed in a categorized tree view in the
Metadata node that appears under each assembly. Noticeable features of this node include:
- Automatically finding and displaying usages of metadata table items.
- Decoding and displaying values of blob items.
- On double-click, decompiling and displaying code that corresponds to the metadata item.
- Exploring PE file headers.
- Exploring contents of Debug and Resource directories.
- Exploring contents of associated standalone portable PDB or portable PDB embedded into assembly.