Go to Usages of Symbol
This command allows you quickly navigate to a specific usage of a symbol from its declaration or any other usage. You can invoke this command from the code viewer, from the File Structure window and other tool windows. The opposite navigation is available with the Go to Declaration command.
The list of usages that you get with this command is the same as that of Find Usages. But this command is more convenient for symbols with a limited number of usages, in cases when you are looking for a specific usage and want to get to this usage without opening the Find Results window.
To navigate to a usage of a symbol
- Place the caret on a symbol in the code viewer or select the symbol in a tool window.
- Press Ctrl+Alt+F7 or choose from the main menu. Alternatively, you can press Ctrl+Shift+A, start typing the command name in the pop-up, and then choose it there.
- If the symbol has only one usage, dotPeek will navigate to it directly.
Otherwise, found usages and their contexts appear in a pop-up. Do one of the following:
- Click on the desired item to open it in the editor.
- Select the desired item by pressing Up and Down and then press Enter to open it in the editor.
- Start typing to filter results. Note that you can use CamelHumps here. If necessary, press Esc once to clear the filtering.
- To view and analyze the list of matched items in the Find Results window, click Show in Find Results , press Shift+Enter or + on the numeric keypad.
- To show the matched items on the type dependency diagram, press Alt+Num+ or click Show on Diagram .
This feature is inspired by and borrowed from JetBrains ReSharper, a developer productivity tool for Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Finding Usages
- Finding Usages of a Symbol
- Finding Usages of Related Entities
- Search Everywhere/Go to Type
- Go To Assembly
- Go to File Member
- Go to Symbol
- Go to Base Symbols
- Go to Derived Symbols
- Go to Declaration
- Go to Implementation
- Go to Type of Symbol
- Navigate To
- Go to Containing Declaration
- Navigation by Name
- Navigation from Symbols
- Navigate To
- Context Navigation