In Visual Studio:
dotCover | Cover Application
In dotCover standalone application:
File | Cover Application
With dotCover, you can run manual test sessions for Windows Store Applications that have PDB information.
You can run Windows Store Applications on Windows 8.
Do one of the following:
- On the Visual Studio main menu, choose dotCover | Cover Application or press Ctrl+Alt+K,K.
- On the main menu of dotCover standalone application, choose File | Cover Application or press Ctrl+C
- In the Cover Application dialog box that appears, choose Windows Store Application and click OK.
- The Coverage Configuration dialog box opens.
- In the Packages list, choose the application that you want to run.
To configure additional coverage options, click the arrow in the bottom of the
Coverage options section.
The Edit Symbol Search Policy button that appears, allows specifying where to search for PDB information.
- Click Run. dotCover will open the dotCover Controller dialog box and then run the selected application.
- If the Start profiling immediately check box was selected, the test session is started immediately. Otherwise, dotCover waits until you click Start Profiling in the dotCover Controller dialog box. When the test session is started, you can record code coverage in the test session.