In this topic:
- General requirements and compatibility
- Supported languages
- Supported Unit Testing Frameworks
- Supported Project types
- Integration with Other Tools
General requirements and compatibility
The information on supported .NET Framework and Visual Studio versions as well as system requirements are available on the product website.
dotCover can analyze test coverage in C# and VB.NET.
Supported Unit Testing Frameworks
- NUnit 2.5.8 - 3.0 Beta 4. dotCover installation includes 2 versions of NUnit test runners (2.6.4 and 3.0 Beta 4). You can choose one of them or specify a local installation of NUnit on the Tools | Unit Testing | NUnit options page.
- MSTest for all supported Visual Studio versions
- Machine.Specifications (requires an extension)
Supported Project types
dotCover provides coverage analysis of the following types of .NET applications:
- Standalone applications (.NET Framework 2.0 to 4.6)
- Silverlight 4 and Silverlight 5 applications
- ASP.NET WebForms and ASP.NET MVC web applications running under ASP.NET Development Server, IIS, and IIS Express
- Windows services
- WCF service libraries
- Windows Store applications (under Windows 8 only)
Integration with Other Tools
JetBrains TeamCity comes bundled with dotCover Console Runner. Just by enabling the corresponding configuration option you can collect code coverage for your .Net project and then view coverage statistics and detailed coverage reports. The Visual Studio add-in provided by TeamCity allows connecting to the TeamCity server to fetch coverage snapshots automatically. For more information, see TeamCity Visual Studio Addin.
A highlight of TypeMock Isolator.NET 6.2. is its integration with dotCover. Coverage analysis is supported in TypeMock unit tests.
dotCover can generate coverage reports in the NDepend-compatible format. For more information, see NDepend Coverage Data FAQ: How to get XML Coverage Files from JetBrains DotCover