WCF Service Library
With dotCover, you can run manual test sessions for WCF Service Libraries that have PDB information. dotCover will start the specified WCF Service Library and optionally a client application, allowing you to execute the test scenario and record its coverage.
To start a manual test session for a WCF Service Library
- Do one of the following:
- In the Coverage Configuration Dialog that appears, choose WCF Service.
- Specify the path to the WCF Service Library ([libraryName].dll) in the Library path field.
- If the library configuration file ([libraryName].dll.config) is located in the same directory, dotCover detects it automatically. Otherwise, specify the path to the library configuration file in the Config path field.
Optionally, tick the
check box to configure additional settings:
- Choose one of WCF Service Hosts in the WCF Host drop-down list. Depending on the selected WCF Host the appropriate runtime is used.
- In the Client path field, you can specify the path to an executable file of the WCF client application. It will be run after the service is started and hosted.
- If you need to pass any command line arguments to the client application, type them in the Client Arguments field or click the ellipsis button and choose a file to append to the argument string.
- Click Edit Symbol Search Policy to specify where to search for PDB information.
- Click Edit Filters to view existing and add new coverage filters. Note that the filters you add with this button are only applied to the current session.
- Click Run. dotCover will open the Coverage Controller Dialog and then run the specified WCF service library and the specified client application, if any.
- If the Start immediately check box was selected, the test session is started immediately. Otherwise, dotCover waits until you click Start in the Coverage Controller Dialog. When the test session is started, you can record code coverage in the test session.