If you need to analyze coverage of a .NET process that is started in a custom way, you can start the Coverage Controller first, and then start your .NET process. dotCover will then attach to the process automatically and record coverage analysis while the process is executed.
To analyze coverage of an arbitrary .NET process
- Do one of the following:
- In the Coverage Configuration dialog that appears, choose .NET Process.
- Click Filter Processes to specify include (with +) and/or exclude (with -) masks for process names.
- Optionally, tick the Advanced check box to configure additional settings:
- Click Run. dotCover will open the Coverage Controller dialog and then wait for the first .NET process that starts.
Start your .NET process.
As soon as dotCover detects the process that matches the specified filter, The controls in the Coverage Controller dialog become enabled and you can start the coverage run.
- If the Start immediately check box was selected, the coverage run starts immediately. Otherwise, dotCover waits until you click Start in the Coverage Controller dialog. When the coverage run is started, you can record code coverage.