.NET Core Application
With dotCover, you can run coverage analysis for .NET Core applications: self-contained application deployments that have a .exe executable file or framework-dependent deployments that have only a .dll file.
To start a coverage run for a standalone application
- Do one of the following:
- In the Coverage Configuration dialog that appears, choose .NET Core Application.
- In the Application field, specify the path to the application executable or library file.
- Optionally, tick the Advanced check box to configure additional settings:
- If you need to pass any command-line arguments, type them in the Arguments field or click the ellipsis button and choose a file to append to the argument string.
- If you want to use a different working directory for your application, you can specify it in the Working Directory field.
- If you want dotCover to analyze coverage of child processes, if any, tick the Cover child processes check box.
- Click Edit Symbol Search Policy to specify where to search for PDB information.
- Click Edit Filters to view existing and add new coverage filters. Note that the filters you add with this button are only applied to the current session.
- Click Run. dotCover will open the Coverage Controller dialog and then run the selected application.
- If the Start immediately check box was selected, the coverage run starts immediately. Otherwise, dotCover waits until you click Start in the Coverage Controller dialog. When the coverage run is started, you can record code coverage.