Out of the box, dotCover features have default configurations, which are based on conventions and best practices in the .NET world. However, every feature can be flexibly adjusted according to your needs and preferences.
dotCover preferences can be configured in the following places:
- You can view and edit the main set of preferences in the Options dialog ( ).
- The keyboard shortcuts for specific commands can be configured in the Visual Studio Options dialog ( ).
The main set of dotCover options is saved using the mechanism of layered settings, which allows you to have different preferences for different solutions and to share the preferences with your team by keeping the desired subset of settings under a VCS. When configuring dotCover, it is very important to understand the way the mechanism of layered settings work. Therefore, it is strongly recommended to study the Managing and Sharing dotCover Settings topic before you make any significant changes to dotCover settings.
To configure the main set of dotCover preferences
- In the Visual Studio menu, choose
In the main menu of the standalone dotCover application, choose . .
- In the Options dialog that appears, select a node in the left pane and configure settings in the right pane.
Use the search box in the left top corner to find a specific preference.
- Click Save to apply the modifications and let dotCover choose where to save them, or save the modifications to a specific settings layer using the Save To drop-down list. For more information, see managing and sharing dotcover settings.
In this section: