Setting up Coverage Analysis on a Third-Party CI Server
You can use dotCover with any continuous integration (CI) server to add test coverage reports to the artifacts of your builds of .NET applications. dotCover supports several output formats. For example, you can set up your build script to take the HTML output and publish it or to take the XML output and apply further XSLT transformations for your particular needs.
To set up coverage analysis on a CI server
- Do one of the following:
- In Visual Studio, go to Get Server Package. dotCover will generate an archive with all necessary files. and click
- Download dotCover command line tools package from JetBrains website.
- Copy the archive to the CI server.
- Configure your build script to run the console runner executable (dotCover.exe after all your assemblies are built. For example, you can run the analyse command:
dotCover analyse config.xml
- Edit the configuration file(s) (e.g. in the example above -
config.xml) so that the console runner could start the desired test runner (MSTest, NUnit, xUnit, MSpec, etc.) with necessary parameters, and create the desired output. For more information, see Console Runner Configuration and Running Coverage Analysis from the Command Line