WCF Service Library
In Visual Studio:
In dotCover standalone application:
With dotCover, you can run coverage analysis for WCF Service Libraries that have PDB information. dotCover will start the specified WCF Service Library and optionally a client application, allowing you to execute the coverage scenario and record it.
To start a coverage run for a WCF Service Library
- Do one of the following:
- In Visual Studio, press Ctrl+Alt+K K or choose in the main menu
- In dotCover standalone application, press Ctrl+Alt+K K or choose in the menu.
- In the Coverage Configuration dialog that appears, choose WCF Service.
- Specify the path to the WCF Service Library ([libraryName].dll) in the Library path field.
- If the library configuration file ([libraryName].dll.config) is located in the same directory, dotCover detects it automatically. Otherwise, specify the path to the library configuration file in the Config path field.
- Optionally, select the Advanced check box to configure additional settings:
- Choose one of WCF Service Hosts in the WCF Host drop-down list. Depending on the selected WCF Host the appropriate runtime is used.
- In the Client path field, you can specify the path to an executable file of the WCF client application. It will be run after the service is started and hosted.
- If you need to pass any command line arguments to the client application, type them in the Client Arguments field or click the ellipsis button and choose a file to append to the argument string.
- Click Edit Symbol Search Policy to specify where to search for PDB information.
- Click Edit Filters to view existing and add new coverage filters. Note that the filters you add with this button are only applied to the current session.
- Click Run. dotCover will open the Coverage Controller dialog and then run the specified WCF service library and the specified client application, if any.
- If the Start immediately check box was selected, the coverage run starts immediately. Otherwise, dotCover waits until you click Start in the Coverage Controller dialog. When the coverage run is started, you can record code coverage.