In Visual Studio:
In dotCover standalone application:
With dotCover, you can run manual test sessions for standalone applications that have an executable file and PDB information.
To start a manual test session for a standalone application
Do one of the following:
- On the Visual Studio main menu, choose or press Ctrl+Alt+K,K.
- On the main menu of dotCover standalone application, choose or press Ctrl+Alt+K,K
- In the Coverage Configuration dialog box that appears, choose Standalone Application.
- In the Application field, specify the path to the application executable file.
Optionally, tick the
check box to configure additional settings:
- If you need to pass any command-line arguments, type them in the Arguments field or click the ellipsis button and choose a file to append to the argument string.
- If you want to use a different working directory for your application, you can specify it in the Working Directory field.
- If you want dotCover to analyze coverage of child processes, if any, tick the Cover child processes check box.
- Click Edit Symbol Search Policy to specify where to search for PDB information.
- Click Edit Filters to view existing and add new coverage filters. Note that the filters you add with this button are only applied to the current session.
- Click Run. dotCover will open the Coverage Controller dialog box and then run the selected application.
- If the Start immediately check box was selected, the test session is started immediately. Otherwise, dotCover waits until you click Start in the Coverage Controller dialog box. When the test session is started, you can record code coverage in the test session.