Profile Standalone Application
To profile a standalone application:
- Run dotMemory as a standalone application. The dotMemory window will open.
- In the left panel, select Local.
- In the middle panel in Profile Application, select Standalone.
- In the right panel, in Standalone Application:
- In Application, specify the path to the application executable you are going to profile.
- Optionally, if your application requires command-line arguments, turn on Advanced and specify Arguments.
- Optionally, if your application creates a number of processes and you want to profile a specific one, turn on Advanced and Profile child processes. Add a process filter as described in the Standalone Applications section.
- If you want dotMemory to start collecting the stack trace allocation data* right after the profiling session starts, turn on the Start collecting allocation data immediately option in the right panel.
For more details on profiler options, refer to the Profiler Options section.
- Optionally, if you are going to control profiling session (take snapshots, end session, and so on) using the API (rather than the Controller window), select Control profiling via API. For more details on how to control profiling using the API, refer to the Controlling Profiling Session Through API chapter.
- Click Run.
- Take snapshots. For more details on how to control profiling session, refer to Controlling Profiling Session (if you control the session manually) or to Controlling Profiling Session Through API (if you control profiling using the API).
- After you collect the data, either close the profiled application or detach the profiler using the Detach button of the Controller window. If you use the API to control profiling, detaching must be executed by your code.
- Analyze the collected snapshots.
Last modified: 14 December 2017