Navigating to Type Declaration
In some cases further investigation of a suspicious object (e.g., the object that may cause a leak) requires examining the source code. If you have both dotMemory and ReSharper (or ReSharper Ultimate) installed on your machine, you can instantly navigate to the object's type declaration in Visual Studio. This feature is available in any dotMemory view that displays types.
- The source code of the application you have a snapshot for is opened in Visual Studio.
- ReSharper or ReSharper Ultimate is installed in Visual Studio.
- dotMemory is installed with enabled integration into Visual Studio: the Visual Studio Integration option was selected during dotMemory installation.
To navigate to a type declaration in Visual Studio
- In dotMemory, in any view that displays object types, right-click a type* you need.
- In the context menu, select Find Type Declaration window that lists all found type declarations in running Visual Studio instances. . This will open the
- Click a specific declaration to navigate to it in Visual Studio.
After you navigate to any type declaration at least once, the context menu will get the additional item Find Type Declaration window.(also available via the Ctrl+L shortcut). This allows you to instantly navigate to the type declaration in a specific solution (<solution_name>) omitting the