Standalone applications include Console Application, Windows Forms or Windows Presentation Foundation applications.
In order to profile a Standalone Application, you should specify the following parameters:
Full path to the application executable.
Optional arguments passed to the executable.
If you click the button, you will be able to additionally specify the following parameters:
- Working directory
Full path to a custom working directory of the profiled application.
- Profile child processes
If selected, dotMemory will profile not only the main app process but the processes it runs as well.
Filtering Child Processes
If you want to profile only specific child processes, you can set up a process filter. In this case, dotTrace will start profiling of a child process only if its name matches the filter.
The filter consists from an arbitrary number of name masks for the processes that should not be profiled.
To use a process filter
- Click Filter Processes button.
- In the opened dialog, add masks by using the text field and the Add button.
- To save the filter, click Save.
Take into account the following filter peculiarities:
- The default policy is "profile all".
- There can be only "exclude" masks. Therefore, any filter mask you add means "do not profile anything that matches this mask".
- The asterisk
*wildcard is supported.
For example, if you add the
service* mask, all processes which name starts with
service will be ignored by the profiler.